Sunday, November 26, 2006

Too many days with my thoughts

It's funny... I watched part of Steve Martin's version of Father of the Bride tonight. Then right after it went off on one channel, the original with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor. The two movies are so closely performed with the new version almost holding completely to the original script. They're both good movies.

This weekend I was thinking... never a good thing, mind you. I always tend to overthink things. Having more than two days to myself allows me to fall into the "what if" trap. You know that trap...it's the one that makes you doubt every decision you ever made. Then if that's not bad enough, you start thinking about how you can fix past mistakes. It's such a vicious cycle that ends up leaving you feeling like you've just wasted a huge chunk of your life...which, by the way, you have.