Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

I saw Cat On a Hot Tin Roof on Broadway today. It had the most amazing cast ever: Terence Howard, Anika Noni Rose, Phylicia Rashad, and James Earl Jones.

I wasn't even planning on seeing a play today and I just happened to walk by the theatre and was drawn right in. I got a standing room ticket for $26.50. Despite the fact that I had to stand the whole time, I loved the entire play. For this being Terence Howard's first time on broadway, he seem completely comfortable... completely at home on the stage. He brought a sense of geniuneness to the part.

Amazingly, no one played their roles like the movie version. It was new, fresh approach to the play. That's what made it so great. Even though it was written for a white family in the middle part of the 20th century, it could've been a black family as well. The story itself is universal... sad to say.

But anyhow, I loved it and you should go see it.