Thursday, September 24, 2009

Prime Time

Every day at work, I hear people talking about the TV shows they watch. More often than not, I haven't heard of the shows they're talking about. The other day I mentioned to a friend that I've found myself watching re-runs of old tvs shows more than current tv shows. It seems like a day doesn't go by without at least one episode of the Golden Girls, Good Times, and occasionally Touched By an Angel. I have never seen an episode of Mad Men, House, Heroes, and I don't have a clue what True Blood is all about. After telling her this, she suggested that I watch some shows from the current season.

So tonight was a night of firsts for me. I could've punked out and watched Touched by an Angel on the hallmark channel. But I decided to give Prime Time a shot. At 8PM, I watched FlashForward (in my best tv announcer voice) from the people who brought us LOST. After watching it, I'm not sure how I feel about it. The premise is interesting; every person on the face of the earth blacks out for exactly 2 minutes, 17 seconds at exactly the same time. Each person then sees flash forwards of their future... 6 months into the future. The crazy thing is that they all see their life on April 29, 2010 at 11pm. For some people the is good, but most it's bad. I"m not sure how long the writers can drag out this story before it jumps the shark.



The second first was Grey's Anatomy. OMG was that episode sad. I had no idea Katharine Heigl was on Grey's or else I would've been watching it before now. Since I know that some of my friends DVR various shows, I won't say what happened. But I will say that after two hours of Grey's, I was in tears. Thanks alot Janelle... I wouldn't have watched Grey's if you hadn't mentioned it today.