Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Deadlines and such

So, I haven't written in a few days. I finding that I have less and less to say that would be of any interest to you. You're my friend and I want you to be informed, entertained and enlightened when you read this blog. If I just drone on about the mundane happenings in my life, well, that's no fun. I wouldn't read a blog like that...

So did I get a lot of work done today? I would say yes and no. I didn't get a lot done on my TO DO list. But I did lay the foundation for a couple of projects. I'm not sure if I'll meet my deadlines for tomorrow, but I'll do the best I can. I'm determined not to work on this at home, but I have a feeling that I might have to pack up the stuff and take it home. See this is what happens when you bite off more than you can chew. I was trying to be helpful and be a team player, but I ended up digging myself into a hole. That'll learn me:(

The one thing or actually one of the things that I'm looking forward to is getting my new cubicle. Now, I know getting to work in a cube doesn't sound like the greatest thing in the world. But my group is moving into brand new cubes that have doors. Granted they don't have four walls (I can hear your laughter already), but we'll make do. I'm planning a cube warming party with mini cupcakes and mini sodas and if I can swing it, a couple of "work time" cocktails. I don't know how I'll do that, but the cocktails are for one particular person who seems fairly conservative, but who, I'm sure, has seen a lampshade in her day on more than one occasion.

So I guess it's time to go home. I have homework to do and a party to plan.