Friday, February 09, 2007

Lonnnng week

I just finished up one of the most stressful weeks I've had in a long time. I've been working on a project for about a month now and (as with anything) effective planning would've helped things go a lot smoother.

I was very confident about my .asp skills before I started this project and I really had a game plan in mind. I probably should have have stuck with that or at least written my plan out so that all the obstacles could have been addressed in the beginning.

Last night, I started to do some work and I guess I was so tired from being up every night during the week. As I started to work, my chest started hurting in a way that can only be described as the kind of pain where you actually think about calling 911. My heart felt like it was going to explode in my chest. I think my body was telling me not do to any work and to just relax. So I got in the bed and read for a bit. Even though I got more sleep, I was still exhausted this morning.

So, I went to work, negotiated a day off for Monday and finished up a big portion of my project. There's still a lot to do this weekend. But I think I'll get through it.