Friday, April 18, 2008

Springtime

Springtime has been associated with rebirth and starting anew. This spring feels no different and yet it feels completely different.

Two weeks ago, my department moved into a new office. It's smaller, but gives us the space we need. We have less traffic through our space and I think that has been good for us. We even have a patio. It's great.

At the same, I've been doing a lot of committee work. Diversity week was last week and I helped out with some of the presentations. It was hard work, but it was a great experience. My friend, Carol and I are gearing up for our "reign" as Diversity Committee co-chairs and last week was like a baptism by fire. But it was good for us.

So...

Now I sit here thinking about the months ahead. I feel like this is going to be a great summer. I'm getting a dog and I'm really excited about. It's almost like I'm expecting my first child. I'm waiting until June to get the dog, but in the meantime, I have to start getting supplies.

It's all a lot to take in. But it's all exciting too.