Saturday, August 09, 2008

The adventures of Petey the Dog

Ok, so I was on the couch most of the day. I asleep until 4pm. I got up for a little bit around 11:30am when friend called. But for the most part, I slept my life away.

That is, of course, until I decided to go to the store to get soup. Petey really wanted to go, but I can't take him to Safeway. So I promised him that I would be right back. Well... I guess I took too long because when I got back, I found that he had torn into the bag of snacks and had even eaten part of the paper bag. In addition to that, if that weren't bad enough, he peed on the floor... oh wait, I mean carpet.

I couldn't even be mad about it. I felt more sad, like I had let him down. If I had just taken him out before I went to the store this may not have happened. My mom came home with me and she started cleaning up the urine stain. Tiffany took him outside and I just wanted to cry. When we got back in the house, Petey kept having pre-vomitting convulsions. Every time he just kept burping instead of actually vomitting. He couldn't eat his dinner, but he did keep drinking his water.

Petey has been asleep most of the night. I hope he'll be ok. My mom said that this is what it's like to be a parent.