Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reba and Kelly Clarkson

Finally, I'm able to get my thoughts together to sit down and blog again. I finally have a day off from the box office and I'm treating myself to a concert. I'm going to see Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson in concert at the 1st Mariner Arena.

I've seen Reba in concert 5 times; the first time was in 1995. Coincidentally, I met Reba at that concert. She was very nice. Reba put on a great show back then. Her concerts were very theatrical with costume changes and set changes. When I saw her in 2004, however, she had scaled back the show. Some people complained, but it was actually refreshing for me. See, it had always been about the music for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the show. But ultimately, I went for the music.

Now Reba's with Kelly Clarkson and if it's anything like the CMT crossroads, I know I'll love it. Melissa Peterson, Barbara Jean from Reba (the show) is the opening act and from what I can tell, Reba and Melissa still have great fun together. They really are like Lucy and Ethel. It was a shame that the CW cancelled their show. REBA was one of the only shows that families could watch together on the CW.

I'll let you know how the concert goes tonight.