Sunday, September 09, 2007

American Pop Culture... and Sandy

Tomorrow is my first day of American Pop Culture at UMCP. Check out the map for College Park. You let me know if you can read it. I had to zoom in to 600% to really get an idea of where I'm supposed to go.

As for the class, my instructor left some kooky messages on the webtycho site. They make him sound like he's going to do his best to make the class fun. My idea of the class is watching tv and listening to music for 15 weeks.

On a completely different topic, I've decided that I want to meet Sandra Bullock. Not just because she's the basis for my alter-ego. But also because she's such a great actress. I watched two of her movies back-to-back today...not on purpose, mind you...there just happened to be two Sandra Bullock movies (The Lake House and Hope Floats) on in a row on HBO today. She has such a wide range and she just seems so geniune. Some actors seem to play the same role over and over again. For instance, Matthew Perry, for the most part seems like he's playing Chandler Bing in every movie I've seen him in (except for the Ron Clark Story). Jack Nicholson is another one... he plays a psycho in every movie he's in.

Yet Sandra doesn't. It's a joy to watch her perform mostly because it doesn't feel like a performance. I get the same feeling watching Ashley Judd. I think it's a rare gift to have.