Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My sites

Not much to report today. I'm still preparing for my advanced internet final. This class was a challenge for me. I had to hand code html for three and half months.

Using Dreamweaver feels so foreign to me now. I still want to redesign my Carol Burnett site, but now, I'm not sure if I'll go the hand coding method or Dreamweaver. Knowing me, I'll find some happy medium and do partial hand coding.

I have been thinking though... It has been next to impossible to keep updating this site. I get yahoo news alerts for Carol Burnett, but not enough relevant info comes through to keep my site current. There's another website out there that always seems to have a ton of information. And it looks like it's updated fairly often. I already have the domain name until next September, so it seems a shame to leave it the way it is.

The other thing that I have to do is move my class project to my web hosting site and update it for real world use. I created a site for web design consulting and I really want to give it a go. I have a domain name already set for that site as well.

The only other thing that I need is to find some new message board software. I'm currently using Maxwebportal for my portal needs, but I need something that is a little more flexible. MWP is flexible, but not to the extent that I need it to be. I'm going to keep looking.