Friday, May 05, 2006

If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem

I posted the following on a message board in the hopes of getting some helpful answers:

I need some help with a couple of XML pages I'm developing for my web design class. I think I may have done something wrong because when I try to view my xml pages in IE I don't get anything. But when I try to open them in Firefox, they open.


Here's my site: http://polaris.umuc.edu/~jjones/


Go to Massage and Face and Skin for the links.


My XML pages:
http://polaris.umuc.edu/~jjones/massage.xml

http://polaris.umuc.edu/~jjones/faceskin.xml
I am linking to the wrong file? Should I be linking to the .xsl file? What file extension should I be using. I'm confused and tired.


The only answers I've gotten so have been nothing but my problem rewritten.

  • I'm not sure how to fix it, but this is the error I got from Maxthon The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using style sheet. (If you don't know how to fix it, why did you bother to email? )
  • I have noticed that your XML pages are not showing up. (No, really?)
  • Ok, I think I may have figured it out. What do you have your default browser set as? If you change your browser to IE, maybe it will show up correctly in IE. (Did you even read my problem? It doesn't show up in IE)
  • The first link I click on just brings up a page with you background color. The second link gives this error message in IE:

    "The XML page cannot be displayed (Yes, I know, that's the problem!!!)
    Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Here's my theory (and plea): if you can't help me, KEEP QUIET!!