Saturday, October 14, 2006

Nostalgia

I finally got the cornrows out. I've had to wear them for about a month because I couldn't do my hair on my own. I can finally make a ponytail all by myself.

I'm also getting kind of nostalgic lately. I'm totally ashamed to admit this, but I was actually listening to Chicago's greatest hits the other day and I find myself listening to a lot of music that I listened to in high school. It seems strange to say that I've been out of high school for 15 years now, but alas, it has been that long.

I've been thinking a lot about those years and I realize one thing that I wish I had known then. I guess it's the one thing that I can pass on to tweens and teens alike. All the people who I concerned myself with or should I say over-concerned myself with are just a mere after thought in my memory. I don't know if I would recognize most of them if they approached me today. I only keep in touch with one person from high school, none from middle school, and only one from elementary school, but only because we were born best friends. We will always be connected as psuedo-sisters even if we only talk to each other about twice a year.

I guess what I'm saying is the people come in and out of our lives, for good or for bad. The key is figuring out which people are for the good and which are for bad.