Friday, January 26, 2007

reflections

I had an interesting day today...

I slept well and got started on my day bright and early. But by 8:45, a sadness fell over me. It was overwhelming and a bit annoying. To make matters worse, I was told that I have become fixated on a bad situation.

But 11:00 I figured out what was wrong, outside of having a nearly impossible workload and a toxic working environment. My mood was chemical and I just needed to ride it out. I probably should've just gotten some chocolate.

Here's the deal. I some times lose focus of what's important. I also forget to just ask for help. I try to fix things that are beyond my grasp of control. Right now, for instance, I have projects that I think I can do, that is if I had more time. But I don't have time.

But here's the thing...

None of this matters this weekend. I can't spend this weekend worried about work. I really shouldn't worry about work beyond the end of the work day. I need to learn how to do that.