Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday Brunch

I hosted a gathering at my apt today... it was a brunch and although it was a lot of work preparing for it, I'm glad I did it. Having the friends over to see the new DVD, Organized to Share the Good News, was really a treat. To see all the work being done by Jehovah's Witnesses really helped me see just how united we are as a people.

This whole day made me think about how I can improve my service to Jehovah. Since I have three months off from school, I can use this time to improve my study habits and field ministry. I really want to do better because as 1 JOHN 5:3 says, " For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,. . ." So doing better is something I can do and should do.

So here's the plan:

I'm going to make some spiritual goals as far as studying for the meetings and for getting out in the ministry. I know I can achieve them, if I just make them a priority.