Saturday, January 06, 2007

Weird Dream

I had the weirdest dream last night.

I was at HCC and for the final performance of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, Sue, the Director, decided to let a few of the HCC employees join the cast for a couple of songs, sort of like background extras.

We started getting ready for our performance and something catastrophic happened. Within the span of about 5 minutes, we saw 4 planes crash within meters of the Black Box Theatre. It was an eery, apocalyptic feeling because no policeman or fire fighters came... we sat and watched as these planes just burst into flames or in some cases, crashed and skid down the street.

I remember thinking, there's no way to recover from this or even move on. But Sue rallied us together and we resumed preparing for the show. I think that she thought that doing the show would help start the healing process. It was hard because of what we had just seen, but we pulled it together. My sister Tiffany was there with me, so she got to be in the show with me.

Later that day, we went to find our family and we did, but the air in the city was different. We could tell that these events had affected people deeply. It was just as frightening as 9/11. It was a terrible feeling, knowing that so many people just lost their lives for no good reason. The whole world was in fear that this might happen again.

I remember thinking that this was a dream... I tried to wake up and I think that in my dream I woke up to see a swarm of gnats in my bedroom... Then I really woke up and the specter of what I had just dreamt about filled my head. What would I do if this really happened?

I still don't know.