Monday, January 02, 2006

Wise words for the new year

Today I was listening to two CDs in the car that I haven't listened to in a long time, Mary J. Blige - No More Drama and Madonna - Bedtime stories. I really like these CDs but it was strange because I got so inspired by two songs.

No More Drama
Mary J. Blige - No More Drama
I don't know
Only God knows where the story ends for me
But I know where the story begins
It's up to us to choose
whether we win or lose
And I choose to win


Bedtime Stories
Madonna - Secret
You gave me back the paradise
That I thought I lost for good
You helped me find the reasons why
It took me by surprise that you understood
You knew all along
What I never wanted to say
Until I learned to love myself
I was never ever lovin' anybody else


These are such powerful words. Words that inspire me to keep reaching for my goals, to keep me motivated to learn to love myself more and most importantly words that help me accept that I alone am responsible for my happiness.