Thursday, August 10, 2006

Long week...already

When is it ok to compromise standards that you set for yourself? I'm not talking about moral standards because I don't think it's ever right to compromise your christian principles.

I guess what I'm talking about is having expectations about how I handle myself in particular situations. I mean,for the most part, I'm an easy going person. But lately, I've been feeling my patience running really REALLY short. I expect things to be a certain way, for people to abide by a set of rules that I have inside my head.

Why don't other people know these rules? Why can't other people live and act by my standards? Why can't I write a sentence about someone else? Why is everything about me?

I need to get this resolved either by changing my attitude or everyone else's. I think the former is easier. But it will take some work.

Maybe I need some starbucks...