Thursday, April 13, 2006

Baby Steps

I have set a goal to be more active in the ministry and since I started working toward that goal, I'm finding new opportunities opening up to me. I'm getting to meet and work with new people, accomplishing another goal of mine, to become more social. I'm also getting out in the ministry and trying new facets of the ministry.

I was talking to someone today who has been encouraging me to auxiliary pioneer for months. Auxiliary pioneers spend 50 hours a month in the ministry, going from door-to-door, conducting bible studies, etc. I'm not quite at that point, but I am working towards that. I'm trying to get my hours up each month, but right now, my goal is to get to and remain at the national average of about 10 hours a month. It seems like a little bit of time in the grand scheme of things, but when I think of what the speaker said last night at the memorial of Christ's death, that Jesus Christ suffered 4 inch nails through his hands for all of us, not just his Christian followers, but for every single person on earth, it's hard to imagine that giving up 10 hours a month would even scratch the surface as something I can do in return to honor Jesus' life. He left his disciples the command to "go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe the things I have commanded you" and I want to really take an active share in doing this.

As for me, I'm going to continue to work on my goals and grow spiritually. My next hurdle is going to the Spanish congregation.