Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mental Block

There are days when I just have a mental block...Nothing is right or the way that I intend it to be. Or what's worse is not having a coherent thought. My brain was swirling in a thousand different directions keeping me completely distracted.

I have a project that I have been working on for about two weeks. Today, all of a sudden, couldn't seem to get anything substantial done. I have to come up with this last piece that will finalize everything and nothing is coming together for me. I walked away from it and got a small piece of calm. When I came back, the thoughts in my head began to swirl all over again.

I've decided that since I have so many other things that have a much sooner due date, that I'm going to put this piece of the project aside for a few days and give my brain a chance to chill and refocus on something else. Maybe that'll give me the clarity that I need.

Or maybe I need to stop listening to Don Quixote while I'm working. I think that this crazy knight errant is making me crazy as well.