Sunday, October 30, 2005

I took a chance

I heard this guy Jason Mraz on the CBS Early Show's Second Cup Cafe. He was so interesting. He sang the song, "The Remedy" and it was so upbeat and different. I was immediately impressed.

Well that was months ago. Everytime I've gone in Sam Goody, I couldn't remember his name so I could buy his CD, Waiting for My Rocket to Come. Yesterday, I finally remembered his name and the good news is that I found his first CD in the used CD bin for $8.99. I love this CD. It didn't disappoint me at all. I read that he was influenced by Dave Matthews and you really can hear that in his music. But unlike Dave Matthews, Mraz's music seems happier and more upbeat. But there's no mistaking the complicated guitar riffs... Mraz is clearly a Matthews disciple.

Hey, I don't care. I just love this CD.