Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Interesting day

Ok, so it's not enough that I pay an arm and a leg for cable internet. Now for some reason, MSN/Hotmail is blocking all comcast email. This means that I can't get email from my friend who is also my coworker. She emails me from comcast and I use msn mail. This also means that my instructor for LIBS150 can't email me either. And of course, comcast has no idea why this is happening, nor when it will be fixed.

Ok, so was one thing.

Later, I went to Target to get socks. Ok, unless they're white socks, I don't know what I'm doing. When I get to Target, I got about 18 pairs of colored socks, two pairs of panty hose and a purse. After I left, I was supposed to go to Blockbuster to return some DVDs, but I forgot. I'll get back to that later.

I went back to work and couldn't really concentrate for the rest of the day. I got a project started and made some good progress, but my mind kept drifting. After work, I went to the pool for my deep water fitness class and then I went to my mom's house. I picked up my sister to go back to Target to exchange the purse and to return the DVDs to Blockbuster. On the way to Blockbuster, I decided to go in a different entrance to the shopping center than I normally take and a lady in a SUV hit me. We were both turning left into the shopping center, but she went too wide and side swiped me. My car has a minor dent, but her car had some damage. The part above the wheel came off.

When I got out of the car, she came over and asked me if I was ok and asked me what happened. I told her that she turned a little too wide and hit me. I have some paint from her car on my car and a small dent, but I was ok. She started to cry. She was so shook up. She told me that her husband was diagnosed with cancer today and that it had been a very bad day. She kept asking me if I was ok and asked if I wanted her name and address. At that point, with the damage to my car being so minor, I told her no and not to worry about it. I was just worried that she wasn't ok. She was so upset. I went over to her car with her to check things out. Outside of the wheel thing, her seemed ok. She said, that people were more important than things and she put the part in her car.

I hugged her again and asked if she was sure she'd be ok to get home. She said yes and then she got in her car and left. I was shaken up, not because of her hitting my car, although, from the angle that she hit me, I could've been seriously hurt. I was more shaken up by her reaction. I was nervous for her. I prayed that she would get home safely. She was so upset.

Now, truth be told, I am a little sore, but I'll take some tylenol for the pain.