Sunday, May 22, 2005

Peace at last

It's been said that when you living space is ordered and clean, your mind will follow suit.

My bedroom has been a mess for the past week. Clothes piling up on the end of the bed...papers on the floor, next to the boxes in which they had been stored.

Yesterday, I bought a new loveseat. It is the finishing touch in my apt. I feel like my home is complete. With a new loveseat with matching decorative pillows and tables, I had this need to clean my apt. So I cleaned my living room kitchen and dining room. Then I moved on to my bedroom. I put away all the clothes, clean and dirty. put away the excess stuff on my dresser. Put away all the magazines and paperwork that lay next to my bed.

As I cleaned my room, the anxiety that I had been feeling slowly melted away. The stress that was causing my disturbed sleep seems to go away. Later that evening as I lay in bed, hoping and praying for restful sleep, I felt a feeling that had eluded me for a week; peace.

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, having no memories of any disturbing images. My dreams were good and pleasant. I felt thankful to Jehovah for giving me a restful night's sleep. It was the best way to start off my vacation.